Custom Video Face Filters Guide
Custom Video Face filters are a modern tool that can be used to improve video quality. You can find them when you install free or paid programs. You can use banuba face filters by following the instructions. Accurate advice is given on how to change the appearance taking into account the audience.
The masks are examined in real time. Horns or original headgear are added to the image. The main particularity is the introduction of augmented reality. Facial tracking technology is taken as the basis. The program is designed for individual creativity using unusual video effects.
It is necessary if Instagram is used for business. Stories are suitable for interaction with young users. There were 500 million followers on the social network accounts in 2019. Sixty-seven percent are under the age of 29. Popular interactive features include augmented reality filters, questions, surveys.
In the first case, the computer creates effects that can be superimposed on a real image. It is shown by a cell phone camera. One of the well-known filters remains “Puppy”. The nose and ears of a dog are superimposed over a picture of a person. When moving, the digital effects are preserved.
When “Hello 2020” is introduced, it is as if the person is wearing glasses. Balloons appear on the screen. When using the program for cell phones, users get benefits that are not available in the pre-installed filters.
What’s new in face filters for Instagram Stories
When answering the question of how to make face filters, we should not forget the description of novelties. These include the Spark AR Studio platform. When installed, it is easier to create videos for:
To use augmented reality until August 2019, subscribers had to be specially invited. Now creativity is available to everyone after downloading the software. When visiting the brand page, it is enough to click on the corresponding icon. After that, the hero’s face is transformed taking into account the selected augmented reality filter.
How to make face filters: features
Users are asking how to put face filters on videos. Face AR technology is designed for consumers, developers, and advertisers. It can be ordered on the Banuba website. There are two options, a demo and a paid version. The first can be used for 14 days. Customers need to fill out a three-column form.
- Surname and a name.
- E-mail address.
- Job function.
The information in the last graph should be entered in great detail. It is possible to improve the basic version, taking into account personal preferences. This is especially important for brands.
Using the SDK, you can control lip contour or lipstick color. This is a separate function that is suitable for private or commercial usage. The filter is particularly effective for attracting customers.
Various correctors include mesh effects for eyebrows. The laser-focused feature is suitable for beauty salon owners. Users can try out several options one by one. After that, the appropriate option is selected to be used during the live visit to the master.
When installing the Face AR SDK, not only the face is changed. There is an opportunity to try on nails before manicure or extension. You also get a chance to wear a ring.
Four examples of video face filters
Famous brands use augmented reality in different ways. There are four examples of successful applications of video face filters in practice.
- Aritzia has a customizable Super Glow filter. With its help, the recognition of products increases.
- The employees of the Polish office of Coca-Cola also made use of augmented reality. They superimposed a polar bear on the real world in a digital form.
- Parisian artist Ines Longevial publishes AR filters. She shows how brands can improve their awareness. This tool can be used to support social initiatives. When using the Ray-Ban filter, a better interaction with the brand is observed. A virtual try-on feature becomes a useful feature for users.
- The employees of Tiffany and Co. focus on the creation of the company’s brand identity. Photos of a girl in a denim jacket are published. Butterflies are used as add-ons, as well as a helmet with glasses.
Using Banuba face AR: a step-by-step guide
When using Banuba face AR, you can appreciate a number of benefits. There are eight steps to learning the program.
- Study your audience and your personality. You can perform segmentation by interest, gender, age, ethnicity. Next, choose the type of effect that will be interesting for subscribers.
- Describe the video. Next, interaction opportunities for users are defined. For example, bring faces to life. Such a feature can be seen as entertainment. The benefits to subscribers from the effects are reflected on.
- Tracking the competition. Information about the potential audience is studied by tracking popular topics around the world or in one’s region. New ideas for AR filters are drawn from the Internet. Keywords are introduced to monitor. Current issues can be considered, social listening or social media monitoring can be performed.
- Create a filter of a suitable type. The simplest is three-dimensional stickers. There are complex options with triggers and animations. In the first step, assets are designed (texture, materials, geometry). In the second, they are loaded into the editor. Appropriate formats are given to the files, which are combined with the Face AR SDK. Sound or decorations are added, and the drawing order is set.
- Perform development. Videos are optimized for size so that they load without problems on a wide range of devices. There are four color options (basic, normal, metallic, rough). Next, the performance on budget and high-powered devices is examined.
- Test the effect. If the filter is of bad quality, users may write negative feedback. Therefore, you should test any augmented reality video before downloading it. The mobile operating system (Android or iOS) is taken into account when testing performance.
- Measure user engagement. To create a successful video, you need to understand your audience. Experts advise tracking specifics on how subscribers use videos. It is recommended to monitor reviews and feedback, the duration of user sessions, location by country.
- Repetition and improvement. This is a constant search and optimization of new effects, as well as their regular updating (daily, weekly, monthly). A feedback form can be used.
In social networks, it is desirable to involve subscribers in the discussion of complex problems. It is recommended to send notifications when new effects appear.
Filters are most often used to create powerful viral content. Social media users can attract millions of subscribers in a matter of days. The exception is primitive (obsolete) face masks. Audiences are paying attention to content thanks to the augmented reality industry. Therefore, creative ideas are used in the development of Face AR programs.
Simple and intuitive software is developed. It allows users to apply filters just for the sake of interest. For example, photos are given a rustic or vintage look.